Join OUR TEAM
EcoPoint is a company purposefully designed for attention to detail, flexibility and performance.
Are you looking for an opportunity to align your passion for technology and the environment?
EcoPoint’s team members come from diverse backgrounds, bringing a wealth of experience in GIS, and other technologies. EcoPoint offers opportunities to advance your skill set in GIS, UAS, survey, environmental consulting, programming, and more.
Get paid to experience the outdoors while growing your technical skills. EcoPoint is looking for applicants that have a high level of self-motivation, initiative, and an exemplary work ethic to provide geospatial solutions for ecological problems. Many positions allow employees to get out from behind a screen and work outdoors, whether conducting vegetation reclamation surveys, stormwater inspections and mapping, line locating, noxious/invasive weed surveys and treatment, GPS mapping, drone flights, or other environmental services. Considering this, applicants will be required to navigate to remote locations and use GPS hardware and mapping software.
ABOUT ECO POINT
EcoPoint was founded in 2016 with a direct mission to advance technological adoption in the reclamation and oil and gas industries. By leveraging the advancements in GIS, EcoPoint can provide higher quality information, faster and more accurately than has previously been possible. As an Esri and Juniper systems partner, EcoPoint not only offers unique environmental monitoring services but aids our clients and partners in deploying GIS throughout their organization. EcoPoint services clients throughout the intermountain west including Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, and Texas.
EcoPoint is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the position in the subject line.
Regional Operation Manager-North Dakota
Compensation: $75,000 annually
Location: North Dakota (Robinson Lake, Watford City, Williston areas)
Job Type: Full time, salaried
EcoPoint Inc. (EcoPoint) is looking to hire a full time Regional Operations Manager to oversee the growing geospatial and environmental team in North Dakota.
An ideal candidate will have an understanding of the Oil and Gas industry, a background in environmental education, competent with client interaction, and experience with data collection and fieldwork. This position is responsible for performing current task orders, but also increasing operational efficiency and generating new business in the North Dakota energy extraction sector. Lots of growth potential as the company grows.
Applicants must have a high level of self-motivation, be able to work independently, have exemplary work ethic, and have a willingness to continue learning new skills and knowledge.
Applicants will always be expected to represent the company in a professional and safe manner in the field. All field equipment, vehicles, and PPE will be provided by EcoPoint. The individual will report directly to the Director of Operations.
Fieldwork, sometimes in harsh weather conditions, includes GPS mapping and data collection, underground utility line locates, and UAS flights. This is a highly autonomous position that requires the ability to navigate to often remote locations.
Applicants must also meet the following requirements.
Regional Operations Manager Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the ND Oil and Gas industry, including facility layout design and regulatory requirements
- Management experience, including hiring new employees as needed, delegating responsibilities while maintaining organizational control of operations and customer service
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or comparable field
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS and GPS based fieldwork strategies
- Previous utility line locating experience
- UAS FAA part 107 license and ability to perform UAS projects as required
Regional Operation Manager Responsibilities:
- Represent EcoPoint in a professional manner onsite, in office, and in the general public
- Collect data with GPS units, line locating equipment, and UAS
- Hire and manage support staff
- Network to expand and find new business opportunities
- Adhere and be responsible for to safety requirements of client company at all times while on location
- Pass Pre Employment and Random Drug/Alcohol Tests
- Working in extreme conditions such as hot or cold weather, wind and insect
EcoPoint was founded in 2016 with a direct mission to advance technological adoption in the reclamation industry. This mission is furthered by a deep embrace of Geospatial Technologies and the capabilities they afford us. By leveraging the advancements in GIS, EcoPoint can provide higher quality information, faster and more accurately than has previously been possible. As an ESRI and Juniper systems partner, EcoPoint not only offers unique environmental monitoring services but aids our clients and partners in deploying GIS throughout their organization.
Please submit a resume with a description of your experience, work history, and references to email@example.com. Work samples encouraged.
Note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SEASONAL VEGETATION/GIS FIELD TECHNICIAN
Compensation: $20/HR DOE
Work Location: Front Range, Colorado
Duration: Flexible start and finish dates, season ranges from April to October
This will be a highly autonomous position located where the employee resides within the Colorado Front Range who will contribute to various types of projects both in the field and in the office that range from underground utility locating, vegetation reclamation assessments, plant identification, herbicide application, and desktop GIS analysis. Individuals must have a high level of self-motivation, initiative, and an exemplary work ethic. The applicant will always be expected to represent the company in a professional and safe manner in the field. This will be a seasonal position from April to October (flexible for university students) working 40 hr./week with periodic opportunities for overtime.
Field work, sometimes in harsh weather conditions, includes vegetation reclamation surveys and mapping, stormwater inspections, GPS mapping and associated data collection, etc. Applicants will be required to navigate to remote Oil & Gas locations and use GPS hardware, and mapping software. Applicants will be required to conduct field inspections and some office work. Office work includes GIS analysis & digitization, data entry, and report writing. The ideal candidate has the ability to identify common vegetation (including noxious weed species), has a basic understanding of Oil and Gas facilities, and has a working knowledge of GIS and ESRI applications. Applicants will be required to maintain good communication with co-workers, operator representatives, and other contractors. This position includes limited office work and other duties as assigned. All field equipment and PPE will be provided by EcoPoint. The individual will report directly to either the Project Manager or the Director of Operation, depending on projects assigned to.
Travel: Daily travel will be required for the position, but rarely requiring overnight stays. With work spread across the intermountain west, overnight travel may be required. However, work will primarily be done on the Colorado Front Range.
- A bachelor’s degree in GIS field (preferred)
- A working knowledge of Colorado/Utah/Wyoming vegetation, noxious and invasive species
- UAS FAA part 107 license and ability to perform UAS projects
- Understanding of the Oil and Gas Industry and associated regulatory requirements
- Basic knowledge of Oil and Gas Facility layout design
- Herbicide application experience
- Understanding of stormwater management BMPs
- Understanding of ESRI products (ArcGIS, Survey123, Workforce, and Collector/Fieldmaps)
- Ability to work independently or as part of a crew
- Ability to work safely and complete safety trainings as required
- Basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, tablets, etc.
- Pass an Initial and Random Drug/Alcohol Tests
- Possess a valid Driver’s License with a clean record
- Received or working toward Associates or bachelor’s degree in an environmental field
Minimum Physical Qualifications
- Walking for extended amounts of time and distance
- Carrying a load of approximately 20 lbs. for long distances
- Lifting material with a weight of up to 50 lbs.
- Physically capable of performing underground locates and field mapping through uneven terrain
- Working in extreme conditions such as hot or cold weather, wind and insects
- Drive company vehicles in a safe and conscientious manner
- Able to work long hours when needed, with occasional out of town travel
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Communication proficiency both verbally and in writing
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and electronic resume with a description of your experience, work history, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate if you know of anyone else applying as well.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.